Thursday, July 21, 2011

God wrote you a letter


I heard a fellow preacher describe hearing an elderly African American preacher deliver something similar to the following so with a few imaginary flourishes I submit the following.

Over in the little book of First John chapter 2 and down in verse 13 the beloved Apostle says – “I write to you fathers” -- so a I say to all of you fathers, God wrote you a letter. It also says “I write to you young men” – so again I say to you young men – God wrote you a letter. It goes on to say “I write to you little children” – so little children, God wrote you a letter. So I can say to you church – God wrote you a letter.

God sat down at His desk of sovereignty, picked up His pen of omniscience and He wrote you a letter of divine revelation. His ideas are infallible its content is inerrant and its message is immutable. God wrote you a letter. He wrote your letter on paper watermarked with the tears of prophets, He wrote you letter with the indelible ink of His faithfulness, it is written in the script of His holiness it is punctuated with His graciousness and it signed by the blood of Jesus. God wrote you a letter. He placed your letter in an envelope of love, sealed by the kiss of His spirit postmarked by the apostles and delivered by the breath of Almighty God. Church – God wrote you a letter. My friend God wrote you a letter.

So I say to you beloved – you ought to read your mail.

2 comments:

Betty said...

Great message involved in this post. Blessings!

Evelyn Waggoner said...

What truth - and it has been said very well - those words are beautiful! yes, we should read our mail.
You are a blessing to us and others. Keep preaching and proclaining His Word. We love you.