Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Time is In His Hands

Tonight at 2:00 a.m. the governement of the United States has decreed that all clocks shall be moved forward by one hour. This is to allow more daylight in the evening hours. For today I asked on One Daily Question if folks were a fan of daylight savings time, and as usually the vote is split.

But my vote is no, I must confess I have never been a fan of daylight savings time. For in reality were are not getting more daylight, time is not changing we are just all agreeing to change our schedules!

Really only God controls time, He started the clock ticking and He will keep it wound. There is a verse that I think of when I think of time:

"My times are in Your hand; Deliver me from the hand of my enemies, And from those who persecute me." (Psalm 31:15)

This reminds me that the events, length and path of my life are in His control, right there in His all powerful hands. Hands that have never made a mistake, never slipped or grown weary. He is involved in this second and the next second and the minute after that. I want to lift my voice in praise of the God I love and serve, and then relax in His care. Why don't you do the same - isn't it about time you did?

No comments: