Friday, January 08, 2010

Some New Year's Resolutions You Can Keep

It is no secret that most New Year resolutions are not kept, and by this point in the new year is when most start to crumble. So to help you out here is a short list of resolutions you can keep:

1. I am going to eat more and exercise less
2. I am going to watch more TV
3. I am going to spend less time listening and more time talking
4. I am going to max out my credit card
5. I will share my opinions without worrying about facts
6. I will always assume I am right
7. I will always assume you are wrong

So what do you think? OK, I wrote those hoping you would smile, but also to prove a point. To do the right thing we must be intentional and we must apply discipline and hard work. This is true in the spiritual realm. In order to grow in Christ and influence our families for Christ, we must "roll up our sleeves and get to work." We can begin that by giving ourselves over to the study of the Word of God. I am ready, are you?

1 comment:

coneyann said...

I can live with those!