Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thoughts from Dad

Children do seem to grow up fast, this year my youngest crossed the line into being a twenty-something. This has happened in a blur of time. In fact, I now find myself telling young parents to enjoy every moment with their little ones because they will blink and the kids will be heading out the door.

As I have watched my children grow and change I have to wonder if my Heavenly Father can see growth and change in me. I want to be a father and person who stays on the growing edge of life. I want my life to display constant growth in the Lord.

On this special day, may each of us be reminded – especially those of us who are fathers – to continue growing and changing so that our Heavenly Father will be pleased with how quickly we’ve grown, and our children will follow in our footsteps.

No comments: