Monday, November 27, 2006

Three of my favorite people

"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward." (Ps 127:3)

Take a young man and young woman deeply in love, and embarking on the journey of marriage, add 25+ years of commitment and learning, three pregnancies, three labor and deliveries, countless meals, lessons, play times, work times, conflict management, times of worship, bedtime stories and prayer, thousands of other things and an overwhelming dose of the grace of God and what do you get - three terrific children.

I have arrived at the time when my (former) little ones are now in young adulthood. Maybe this makes me a little reflective and sentimental but I know as only the three in the picture above that I have not been a perfect father. If I knew then what I know now, I would do countless things differently, but who Jessica, Brandon and Brian have become brings so much joy and (sanctified) pride to my heart. They each are unique, which in itself is a miracle, to see how the same pool of genes can produce such different and special people. They each have been blessed with great gifts and talents. They are of all things in my life, along with their mother, the most precious gifts of God that walk this earth. Thanks guys for being my kids. Thank you Lord for your blessing in this man's life.

"As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: (Psalm 127:4-5)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been reminded by another associate (Pastor Jones) of yours how poorly I have been neglecting my own children/wife (in a kind caring way I might add). We sometimes take for granted the things most important in our lives, and it only takes the simplest comments and guidance in conversation to awake us from the sleep. We forget that the children/spouse we have are a blessing, and not just hard work. I can only start to imagine the love the Father has for the Son through the blessing of my own children. How hard it must have been to slay His Son on the cross. Grace beyond comprehension. Thanks for the post! Looks like you have some great kids.

Rusty

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.